As I was planning to make a nice delicious soup for one evenings, I suddenly pondered on the soup I had over in Guangzhou. It was so nice, clear yet tasty and it helps eliminate the heat in our body by means of a key ingredient, Bittergourd. Here are the ingredients for this yummy soup.
1) 400 – 500 grams of pork ribs (blanched to remove blood)
2) 5 dried longans
3) 1 honey date
4) 1 medium size bittergourd (Remove pith, seeds, and cut into smaller strips)
5) 10 pcs of dried scallops (soak in water)
6) 5 dried oysters (soak in water)
7) 30 gram of soya beans
8)Salt (add to taste)
1) Blanch the bittergourd in the hot boiling water for about 15 mins to remove its initial bitterness. Take it up and place it aside.
2)Boil a new pot of water (2 Litres)
3) Place all ingredients, including the blanched bittergourd into pot
4)Turn to high heat for next 30 mins. Leave it to simmer at low heat for next 1.5 hrs or so to allow the sweetness of the ingredients to diffuse into the soup.
5)Add salt to taste, based on individual preference.
The result would be a nice smelling, sweet tasting soup which would extremely beneficial to health. You could serve the ribs with a plate of soya sauce and cut chillies. Hope you enjoy the wonderful soup.