During the holiday season, I had to think of new ways to dish up my food. It has to be quick, easy and delicious as it was already 1 pm when I woke up from my slumber. I reckon the choice of ingredients are important too. We love having prawns on the dinner table. We got fresh King Prawns from a great seafood shop over at Cabramatta recently. It was fresh yet reasonably priced. The prawns that we got in the city was more expensive by at least $5/kg. Unbelievable.
So, I am just going to share with you the recipe what I had that lunch, that was extremely delicious and quick to prepare. Here it goes.
500 grams of King Prawns (You could also remove shell and devein it, and just leaving tails intact)
Half a Spanish Onion
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 bird eye chilli (deseeded)
2 slices of ginger
1 teaspoon of white sugar
1.5 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce
1 teaspoon of shaoxing wine
1.5 tablespoon of vegetable oil
5 pieces of iceberg lettuce (for plating purpose)
1. Heat wok and add oil once wok is hot
2. Place onions in wok, heat lowered and continue to fry them till they get caramelised
3. Add chilli, ginger & chilli in the wok and gently fry
4. Add prawns into wok and fry it
5. Add the oyster sauce, pepper, shaoxing wine, dark soya sauce and sugar to the prawns
6. Cook till prawns turn red in colour
7.Remove prawns and place into the lettuce plate
This recipe is quick and very nice to have around your dinner table. Do ensure that the prawns are fresh and serve while hot. I will leave you with a picture that I had taken after cooking this dish. Cheers. Hope you will like it.